Dates and costs for the IECP may be found here.
Read important information about U.S. Student Visas
1. Apply to the IECP
The following steps are required:
- Complete the online application.
- Upload scanned passport photo page.
- Pay $350 non-refundable application processing fee. (To pay online, follow the instructions after you complete your online application. To pay by check, mail the check, mail to the IECP Office at the address below. Checks must be made payable to payable to “Pennsylvania State University”. To pay by credit card, use the online system or call the IECP Office between 9 am and 4 p.m. (Eastern Time) at 814-865-7550. Sorry, we cannot accept credit card numbers by email or fax.)
Optional: If available, please upload most recent high school or university transcripts.
2. Get accepted
After completing your application, the IECP will contact you within 3-5 business days. While you are waiting for your admissions decisions, please collect the following documents:
- A statement from your bank (in English) that shows you have sufficient money to live and study at Penn State.
- A from your sponsor (e.g., family, friend, government agency, etc) that promises your financial support while you live in the U.S. and study at the IECP. You do not need a letter if you are supporting yourself.
- Passport copies and evidence of financial support for any dependents (spouse or children) who may be accompanying you.
- NOTE: The IECP cannot accept financial documents by email.
3. Apply for an immigration document through DISSA
After you are accepted into the IECP, you will get an email with directions to create a username and password to upload documents for the Directorate of International Student and Scholar Advising (DISSA).
4. Arrange for shipping, make a visa appointment, and arrange for travel
After your admission is finalized, you need to arrange for shipment of your I-20 (or DS-2019) and admission packet through eshipglobal. Once you have your SEVIS number, make a visa appointment and the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate. Read important information about U.S. Student Visas. All new IECP students must attend Orientation, which begins one week before classes start.
If you need help with the application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and remember to include your FULL NAME with any inquiries.
Penn State IECP
102 Ritenour Building
University Park, PA 16802