The IECP offers two 8-week terms during the fall and spring (16 weeks total) as well as on 8-week summer session each year.
|Term||# of Weeks||Dates||Application Deadline||Mandatory Orientation||Classes Begin||Classes End|
|8 Weeks||January 9 – March 2||November 11, 2022 (Friday)||January 4 & 5||January 9 (Monday)||March 2 (Thursday)|
|8 Weeks||March 13 – May 4||January 20 (Friday)||March 9||March 13 (Monday)||May 4 (Thursday)|
|Summer 2023||Summer (1 Term only)||8 weeks||May 22 – July 13||March 24 (Friday)||May 18||May 22 (Monday)||July 13 (Thursday)|
|Fall 2023||Fall-1||8 weeks||August 21 – October 12||July 7 (Friday)||August 16 & 17||August 21 (Monday)||October 12 (Thursday)|
|Fall-2||8 weeks||October 16 – December 14||August 18 (Friday)||October 12||October 16 (Monday)||December 14 (Thursday)|
|Spring 2024 |
|8 Weeks||January 8 – February 27||November 13, 2023 (Monday)||January 3 & 4||January 8 (Monday)||February 27 (Tuesday)|
|8 Weeks||March 11 – April 30||January 19 (Friday)||March 6 & 7||March 11 (Monday)||April 30 (Tuesday)|
Note”: Each semester consists of two 8-week terms (Term-1 and Term-2). Students must complete a minimum of two terms to receive Certification.
New applicants outside the U.S.: Visa processing can take up to 4 weeks. New students outside the U.S. who need a Penn State I-20 to obtain a student visa should submit all application materials NO LATER THAN 2 MONTHS before the IECP arrival day.
Transfer students currently in the U.S.: Transfer students currently living in the U.S. must submit all application materials (including a copy of your current I-20) no later than 1 MONTH before the IECP arrival day.
- Provide grade reports/transcripts from current IEP.
- Call the current IEP to ask about attendance or other problems—often find that the student’s status has been terminated by the program.
- Transfer students who have failed their last semester at a previous IEP must pass their first semester at the IECP or face dismissal. Transfer students who have passed their last semester are subject to the same 2-semester-fail you’re out rule.
- Sponsor students: Essential to get the start date of the FG for a transfer student – usually speak with their advisor once students arrive.
- Ask the current IEP if the student is eligible to be re-admitted – this usually demonstrates whether they have grade or attendance issues.
All costs described here are in U.S. dollars.
All applicants must pay a $350 application fee. This fee is nonrefundable and does not apply to IECP tuition.
To pay online with a Visa or Mastercard, please following the online instructions after you have completed your application. You may use the online payment option after you have submitted your application. In addition, you may contact email@example.com or call the office at 814-865-7550 between 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Eastern standard time in order to pay by credit card. You must contact the IECP office about wire/telex transfers.
Cash payments may be made in person during regular office hours.
Tuition and Living Expenses
IECP collects tuition payments directly during Orientation Week.
Penn State’s IECP 2022 estimated costs for full-time students
Estimates are based on a full semester (Terms 1 and 2)
|Term||Tuition||Books & Supplies||Living Expenses||Health Insurance|
|(One Term Only)||$3800||$200||$2400||$800||$7200|
* No purchase necessary if Spring Semester insurance already purchased
Estimated additional insurance and living expenses are as follows:
For a full year
- A spouse: $12,130 estimated
- A child: $9330 first and second child, $4000 each additional child estimated
For a semester
- A spouse: $5000 to $4500 estimated, depending on semester
- A child: $3500 to $4200 estimated, depending on semester
NOTE: There is a 10% part-time student fee on tuition (included in part-time costs at time of payment).
The IECP recommends the Global Engagement Community (GEC) on-campus housing option.
The $350 application fee is nonrefundable (except in cases of visa denial).
If a student is dismissed from the program, no tuition will be refunded.
If a student withdraws from the program, a tuition refund will be made based on the week of the semester. Notification of withdrawal should be made in writing and delivered to the IECP office. The date on which the written notification is received by the IECP will determine the amount of the refund. Please see the current IECP Handbook for details about the IECP Tuition Refund Policy.