The IECP offers 16-week semesters during the fall and spring as well as a 10-week summer session each year.
|# of Weeks||Mode||Dates||Application Deadline||Mandatory Orientation||Classes Begin||Classes End|
|Summer||10 weeks||In-person||May 17, 2021-July 23, 2021||March 26, 2021 (Friday)||May 13, 2021 (Thursday)||May 17, 2021 (Monday)||July 23, 2021 (Friday)|
|Remote||May 17, 2021-July 23, 2021||May 3, 2021 (Monday)||May 13, 2021 (Thursday)||May 17, 2021 (Monday)||July 23, 2021 (Friday)|
|Fall-1||7.5 weeks||In-person||August 23, 2021-October 13, 2021||July 2, 2021 (Friday)||August 19, 2021 (Thursday)||August 23, 2021 (Monday)||October 13, 2021 (Wednesday)|
|Fall-2||7.5 weeks||In-person||October 18 – December 14, 2021||September 3, 2021 (Friday)||October 13, 2021 (Wednesday)||October 18, 2021 (Monday)||December 14, 2021 (Tuesday)|
|Spring-1||7.5 weeks||In-person||January 10, – March 2, 2022||November 19, 2021 (Friday)||January 6, 2022 (Thursday)||January 10, 2022 (Monday)||March 2, 2022 (Wednesday)|
|Spring-2||7.5 weeks||In-person||March 7 – May 3, 2022||January 21, 2022 (Friday)||March 2, 2022 (Wednesday)||March 7, 2022 (Monday)||May 3, 2022 (Tuesday)|
Students complete one level at the IECP in one semester. In Fall and Spring, a semester is 16 weeks long; in Summer, a semester is 10 weeks long. For Fall and Spring, a student must complete sessions 1 and 2 in order to complete one semester (one level). This can be done in two ways: first take session 1, then session 2; or start with session 2, then session 1. Semesters & Levels.
New applicants outside the U.S.: Visa processing can take up to 4 weeks. New students outside the U.S. who need a Penn State I-20 to obtain a student visa should submit all application materials NO LATER THAN 2 MONTHS before the IECP arrival day.
Transfer students currently in the U.S.: Transfer students currently living in the U.S. must submit all application materials (including a copy of your current I-20) no later than 1 MONTH before the IECP arrival day.
- Provide grade reports/transcripts from current IEP.
- Call the current IEP to ask about attendance or other problems—often find that the student’s status has been terminated by the program.
- Transfer students who have failed their last semester at a previous IEP must pass their first semester at the IECP or face dismissal. Transfer students who have passed their last semester are subject to the same 2-semester-fail you’re out rule.
- Sponsor students: Essential to get the start date of the FG for a transfer student – usually speak with their advisor once students arrive.
- Ask the current IEP if the student is eligible to be re-admitted – this usually demonstrates whether they have grade or attendance issues.
All costs described here are in U.S. dollars.
All applicants must pay a $350 application fee. This fee is nonrefundable and does not apply to IECP tuition.
To pay online with a Visa or Mastercard, please following the online instructions after you have completed your application. You may use the online payment option after you have submitted your application. In addition, you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call the office at 814-865-7550 between 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Eastern standard time in order to pay by credit card. You must contact the IECP office about wire/telex transfers.
Cash payments may be made in person during regular office hours.
Tuition and Living ExpensesIECP collects tuition payments directly during Orientation Week.
Penn State’s IECP 2019-20 estimated costs for full-time students
|Tuition||Books & Supplies*||Living Expenses*||Health Insurance||Total (one session)||Total (full semester)|
|Summer (2021)||$5600||$325||$4900||$ —- $683||n/a||$10,825 $11,508|
* estimate (living expenses do not apply to remote classes). ** continued health insurance from Spring semester
For dependentsEstimated additional insurance and living expenses are as follows: For a full year
- A spouse: $10,100 estimated
- A child: $7,800 first and second child, $3,500 each additional child estimated
- A spouse: $2,300 to $4,500 estimated, depending on semester
- A child: $1,800 to $3,500 estimated, depending on semester
The IECP recommends the Global Engagement Community (GEC) on-campus housing option.
The $350 application fee is nonrefundable.
If a student is dismissed from the program, no tuition will be refunded.
If a student withdraws from the program, a tuition refund will be made based on the week of the semester. Notification of withdrawal should be made in writing and delivered to the IECP office. The date on which the written notification is received by the IECP will determine the amount of the refund. Please see the current IECP Handbook for details about the IECP Tuition Refund Policy.