You are here: Home / Future Students / Health Insurance & Housing

Health Insurance & Housing


All international students are required to have health insurance for themselves, as well as for their spouses and children (dependents). Please remember that if you are an IECP student, you must either buy insurance from them or obtain a waiver from the Student Health Insurance Office. Students with insurance from outside PSU (sponsored students) must complete the online form



On Campus

The IECP is excited to work with the Penn State student housing to be able to offer on-GEC_SLOcampus living options.  Starting in the Fall of 2019, the new Global Engagement Community (GEC), located in Beaver Hall, will become available.  For more information, please visit or email .

Off Campus

For off campus housing, we suggest visiting the Student Affairs housing page. In addition, many international students connect with a multicultural student organization affiliated with their nationality.  Finally, Student Affairs also provides a list of contacts for off campus housing here.

Please contact us at for any housing questions!